Granted, this is a pretty wide pricing range, therefore, expect a metal shingle roof to average between $7.00 to $10.00 per square foot installed, while a standing seam metal roof will cost between $9.00 to $12.00 per square foot installed.
These estimates are NOT substitutes for written quotes from trade professionals. We strongly recommends that you contact reputable professionals for accurate assessments of work required and costs for your project – before making any decisions or commitments.
The cost estimate includes:
- Costs for local material / equipment delivery to and service provider transportation to and from the job site.
- Costs to prepare the worksite for Seam Metal Roofing Installation, including costs to protect existing structure(s), finishes, materials and components.
- Costs for job cleanup and debris removal at project completion.
- Labor setup time, mobilization time and minimum hourly charges that are commonly included for small Seam Metal Roofing Installation jobs.
The cost estimate does NOT include:
- Costs for removing, relocating, repairing, or modifying existing framing, surfacing, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems – or bringing those systems into compliance with current building codes.
- Costs for testing and remediation of hazardous materials (asbestos, lead, etc).
- General contractor overhead and markup for organizing and supervising the Seam Metal Roofing Installation. Add 15% to 23% to the total cost above if a general contractor will supervise this project.
- Sales tax on materials and supplies.
- Permit or inspection fees (or portion thereof) required by your local building department for your overall project.
|Standing Seam Metal Roof Cost
Non-discounted retail pricing for: 1″ field lock panel 24 ga metallic coated steel in standard colors width to 21 3/4″. Quantity includes typical waste overage, material for repair and local delivery.
|129 square feet||$705.66||$1,006.79|
|Standing Seam Metal Roof Labor – Basic
Basic labor estimate to install seam metal roof. Install drip edge/extended eave trim, open valley flashing and ridge trim. Layout, fabricate, overlap and secure panels per manufacturer instructions. Includes planning, equipment and material acquisition, area preparation and protection, setup and cleanup.
|Standing Seam Metal Roof Materials and Supplies
Cost of related materials and supplies typically required to install seam metal roof including: fasteners, underlay, drip edges and basic flashing.
|120 square feet||$32.89||$37.42|
|Standing Seam Metal Roof Equipment Allowance
Job related costs of specialty equipment used for job quality and efficiency, including: roof jacks, pneumatic roofing nailer, shingle cutting tools.
|Totals – Cost to Install Seam Metal Roof – 120 square feet||$1,266.60||$1,789.65|
|Average Cost Per Square Foot||$10.55||$14.91|